Thread: Puppy watch
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #14
dawn27
2+2=4 X the Love ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
This is the time I start....this sounds so silly as I am about to type it out.....laying next to her in the "whelping box", just talking softly to her and rubbing her tummy and singing softly to her.....keeping everything on a quiet, subdued, calm, relaxed pre labor special time.....we just bond and visit and hum/sing, carressing and gentle tummy rubs, and wait together.....I am always in attendance when the babies are born....I will pull the sack off and cut and tie the cord, suck the mucus out of nose and mouth, give .01cc Dr.Millers Pet Nutra Drops-the newborn actually sucks it right up from the syringe-(I let momma eat the first couple placentas, but then I remove the rest) and then I let momma clean the baby off....it is that cleaning the mucus away that bonds the momma to baby....and the babies are stimulated to nurse vigorously after the little glucose baby gets from the nutra drops.....
Great advise...Im always right there with my girls too. Making sure they are well cared for, tending to moma's every need and keeping mama calm and away from all the ruckus, thats very important. You sound like such a sweet and caring breeder. Your gals are very lucky !
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!