View Single Post
Old 02-02-2006, 05:52 AM   #13
MadisonsMommy
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesscruz
my coco does this too, but i am going to try a method that i think might work you might want to try it too. since i have been succesfull in training him with everything else i am convinced that i can stop the begging. whenever i eat, i am going to put something very very bitter on my plate off to the side, i am thinking ocra(pardon my spelling), so that way when he begs, i will give him this ocra, dogs hate anything bitter, so i am hoping that he will start to think that everytime i eat and he begs this is what he's gonna get and eventually he'll stop. i am starting tomorrow, so wish me luck girl, and try it out too, you never know it might work.

Please let me know how that goes...I'd be curious to try it out as well!
Thank you all for your advice.
As much as I like to blame my in-laws (they did start this), I know that my hubby and I have been inconsistant with her...sometimes i'll be like "ok just this once, look at the way she is looking at me" and other times im like "thats it - time to get locked up" so i know Madison is just "testing the waters." I think we both have to start being consistant with her and tell grandma AGAIN that if she wants time with Maddie she has to STOP feeding her what she isnt supposed to (i think most of you will agree that this is much easier said than done)!!!! In regards to finding another babysitter - I have plenty of people lined up to babysit my furbaby, but Madison is the only thing that takes the pressure off of me from my in-laws to have a human grandchild, so that is why I bring Madison over to them!!
I'll let you all know what happens!!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!