Thread: Teacups!
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #9
joeyyy2010
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
I have to try to remember that to John Q Citizen, "teacup" is nothing but a term of size, and NOT a very accurate size indicator! What I consider "teacup" size may be a lot smaller than what YOU consider a "teacup" size yorkie. We just need to contnue to explane teacup is not actually a denotation of a specific size in a Yorkie. Schnauzers and poodles come with these distinct size classifications.... The first thing out of my mouth when anyone says "do you have teacup size yorkies?", I breed to comply with the breed standard. Occasionally, I will get "throw backs" that go OVER the breed standard of 7 lbs....and I also occasionally will get tiny little runts that I know will be underweight when mature....these babies are kept by me or go to homes that are longtime Yorkie owners and are thoroughly knowledgable with the frailities of these tny babies.....".
Joey is 5.5-6lbs and he is small, but I do feel like hes sturdy and since we have been going on longer walks lately hes getting more muscle. I could not handle a tiny one. The employee said hers was 3lbs.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!