View Single Post
Old 02-01-2006, 11:22 PM   #1
alaskayorkie
Banning Thread Dictator
Donating Member

Default Root for Jack, surgery today

Some of you heard that I just picked up a Yorkie through a rescue group that places dogs for the city. Well, I was naive and they were unethical because the dog they billed as healthy and frisky has a number of health issues, the worst being a dislocated knee joint as the result of an old injury. At best, he limps. At worst, he puts no weight on it at all. I'm writing this so people in my position will keep both eyes open when getting a rescue.

I've been going around and around with them all week, and I've discovered they weren't just careless, they downright lied to me on a number of points. All of the health issues had been diagnosed and documented by their vet before they sold him to me. They just chose not to inform me, then lied to me when I questioned them about it.

I asked that they give me the money I paid for him to use for the surgery, but the woman said she can't afford to lose money. If I wanted my money back, she would place him with another sap like me. (My word, not hers).

So after consulting with friends and doing some soul-searching, I've decided to keep him and get his leg fixed. He's a great little guy who has never had a chance. I think he deserves one.

I was going to go after the rescue people, but a much wiser and more compassionate friend convinced me it's not about the money. The rescue folks are kind-hearted people doing a noble job badly. I'll just raise a little fuss with the city and see if I can get them to raise their standards.

In the meantime, root for Jack. He goes in for surgery tomorrow morning.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!