View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #3
gracielove
YT 3000 Club Member

That poor baby. They bathed him and left him sitting for hours? It should not take more than an hour to and hour and a half to groom a little dog and if all they do is shave him it should take far less time.

Hopefully there is a good groomer some where in your area but finding them takes a lot of investigation. Most pet owners let grooming go and only take their pets to the groomer when the coat is pretty far gone so groomers are accustomed to just shaving the dog down. A good groomer should know how to trim a dog with clippers and scissors so they look exactly as the owner wants. Look online for more groomers but don't take your dog there until you go and check out the place for yourself. Check out the facility and ask questions. Make sure you see the area where they "store" the dogs and make sure the place is clean and that they clean out the cages between dogs. You should be able to wait for your dog and not have to come back to get him. You should be able to stay nearby the first few times just to make sure he is OK.

Personally, I won't take my little girl to a place that treats her like a dog. After a couple of bad groomers I finally found a good one. I make an appointment, I drop her off at the appointment time and they call me as soon as she is done. It's never more than an hour and a half. I pick her up as soon as she is done. I live about 5 minutes away. If you go to a groomer that let's people drop the dog off at various times then they will squeeze someone else in while your dog has to wait.

Sorry your little guy has had to go through this. Anyone can pick up a set of clippers and call themselves a groomer. No license or training needed. That is why the let the tech at your vet shave your dog.
gracielove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!