View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 07:27 AM   #1
TraciG
Donating YT Addict

Default I am not happy about this!

I am VERY frustrated right now….. Here’s the background – Brutus is 1.5 years old. He is a Yorkie/Pom mix that has a cotton coat and he has a tail. The first place we took him to get groomed was our Vet Clinic – I was new to dog ownership and figured why not have one stop shopping. He ended up looking like a rodent, squirrel to be specific so he never went back. I then got a referral from a friend of a friend for a mobile groomer. I loved that idea, so we tried it out. I don’t know that Brutus "loved" Miss Mandy, but the service was great, he always looked and smelled awesome and I felt more comfortable that he was only a few steps from me. Unfortunately, our mobile groomer up and moved to Texas with no notice and no calls to cancel standing appointments – pretty bad service if you ask me.

Because we used a mobile groomer, out Vet did not feel the need to give Brutey the KC booster when he had his shots last Sept. So, he had to go to the vet last Fri for his booster because there are not any other mobile groomers around.

It is soooo hard to find a groomer that actually makes an appointment. I don’t like drop-offs. I don’t like my little guy in a cage all day at some weird place. I finally found a place that made an appt. for a specific day, but said the dogs are groomed as a first dog in is the first dog out basis. You can bet your butt that we were there at 7:30 am (opening time) and I saw only one other person there. I will admit that I have not done a good job taking Brutey places with me. He now associates a car ride with the vet, so needless to say he is shaking the entire trip there. It just broke my heart to hand him over, and his anxiety was causing me to have anxiety. My DH and I worked it out that I would drop Brutey off, and DH would stay home until they called so he could go pick him up. At 9:30, DH calls and they tell him that Brutey has only had a bath and he won’t be "ready" until this afternoon as there are SIX dogs in front of him! Where they all came from, I have no idea.

I live in the 2nd largest city in Indiana – how hard should it be to find a good reputable place that actually takes real time appointments? I don’t walk in a place and sit and wait to get my hair done, why would I want my dog to do that?

Sorry for the rant, but I just had to vent!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!