View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 07:40 PM   #4
littlesev
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurPeanut View Post
Hello all! I'm new to YorkieTalk. I have found such great help on this site. I have an issue I wanted to see if any of you have had also.

I took our 3 month old Yorkie for his 2nd round of booster shots this past Monday. This was the first shots he had gotten since we had had him. Before this, Peanut was sleeping all night from 10pm until 6am with no barking or crying or needing to go out to do his business. We were really shocked at this. Because he is still so young I was ready to be up twice a night. We do crate him and except for the first 2 nights we had him (whined all night LOL) he has been an angel crate training. His potty training is also going well. The only time he has accidents is if we forget to take him out immediately after he has had a long play session. We forget this gets his insides going and he needs to GO!
Anyway, Monday night (remember I took him for shots that day) Peanut whined and cried and barked all night. I got up twice to take him out. He did his business and went back to his crate and then started the barking an hour later. Tuesday night was a little better but he still barked. Last night was a little worse I was up 3 times with him. I'm just wondering if he is that uncomfortable from the shots or if this is just a set back. We have done nothing different except taking him for his shots.

Any ideas?
Many dogs develop reaction from vaccine especially when it's combination of several vaccines at once. I guess your dog is just uncomfortable and it's his way of letting you know but it could be something else. Is his temperature up and aside from the barking, does he function like usual?

I had C5 for my puppy and within a week, his body was inflammed, he was swelling all over and was severely lethargic and in pain, refused food etc. The symptoms mimicked polyarthritis and it was the worst week we had. Thankfully he responded very well to the antibiotics and now he's healthy again
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!