Thread: Patella Injury
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 04:13 PM   #1
monee14
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Patella Injury

I noticed that this is a topic that is frequently brought up, but I had some questions before I follow up with my vet.
Two days ago my 7 year old yorkie jumped off the bed (which is less than a foot of the ground) and landed wrong. She began limping and I brought her in to the emergency vet (as it was New Year's Day and my vet was closed).
The vet there informed me that on her left hind leg the patella had slipped and prescribed a pain medication called Buprinex to be taken orally at 0.1ml every 8-12 hours as needed. After giving her two doses I noticed that she began having stomach issues (loose stool) stopped the medication.
She is now toe-touching as she walks (which is an improvement) and is not crying or wincing.
Will the patella slip back into place as the emergency vet stated or should I follow up with my vet tomorrow and get her checked again? I'd hate to put her through unnecessary pain, xrays or surgery if this is an issue that will heal itself as the emergency vet stated, but I'm so nervous about her hopping around.
Thank you for the help.
monee14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!