View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 08:39 PM   #6
rubynrosie
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetodream88 View Post
You do not want a pup under 12 weeks they will be harder to potty train, have possible biting issues and socialization issues plus it would also mean they are coming from a non reputable breeder. The YTCA is the best place to look because they have strict rules and know what is best for yorkies. AKC is the only reputable registry in the USA. A good breeder will do genetic testing of both parents, both parents will have health checks, you should be able to see both parents, they breeder will not let the pups go before 12 weeks, the breeder will not use the word teacup or micro, the breeder will not breed females under 5 pounds, the dogs will not be kept in out buildings but in the house around people, the pups should be generally clean and no fleas and ticks crawling on them and I know there is more just so tired but I am sure some other members will say what I have forgotten . Yorkies normally run between $1,000 to $2,000. I love my little girl but she does seem to have a bit of stubbornness and attitude but that's ones of the reasons I love her so much.
Taylor - Its exactly the attitude and stubbornest that snag and reel us in....I can't imagine not having a yorkie in my home.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!