View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 08:39 PM   #6
cllemaster
Yorkie Yakker

Thank you for all the replies. I took Harley to the vet and health wise he checks out fine. After discussion with the vet he feels it may be due to enviroment. My husband has become ill and is home fulltime now, on oxygen 24/7 and does not get around very well. The vet feels that Harley may be sensing his illness and is proctective of him as well as me since we are both ill and at home with him all the time. I mentioned to the vet that on the days that my husband is especially bad Harley seems to be worse and more clingy to him as are both of the yorkies.

Does this make any since? Has anyone else experienced this with their yorkies? Any ideas about stopping this barking? I have heard of bark collars but dont want to use one of those they seem cruel. Would rather have a more human way to stop him from barking at everything. It is making my husband very nervous with his illness and driving me crazy. PLEASE HELP!!!! The vet suggested the bark machine that goes off when they start barking and it is suppose to make them stop barking, but I have tried that and it just makes him bark worse.

Thanks Christy Mommy to Harley and Barbie- cutie little yorkie babies
cllemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!