View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 06:53 PM   #12
TeshaQ
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandiesMom View Post
I used to get confused about my posts here at first because there is a delay..sometimes people will post after you but yours won't show up yet..after the 10th post, that will change

My two actually have gotten along really well since day 1. I was worried because I had my big boy for 3 years and he was an only dog the whole time. To make sure I gave a good transition for him, I came in the house alone first while hubby kept Mandie in the car. I let him sniff her smell all over me and petted him while he did. Then, I went and got Mandie and brought her inside "butt first" and let him sniff her butt. Then, we all went into a room in our house where no dog had been allowed before so it was both their first time. We all got on the floor and mingled for about 30 minutes or so.

After that, there was never an issue. To this day, the oldest still gets fed first, greeted first, treated first, petted first. And, he has always gotten just as much loving and attention as the baby - from day 1. That probably made him love her because I'm pretty sure he gets more attention now than before we had her. lol
I think it's wonderful they get along so well. You did a great with introducing them to each other. I'll make a mental note for when I get my second one
TeshaQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!