View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #19
bobohyde
Donating YT Addict

Columbo occasionally gets spots like that, although never that large. He is silver like Ozi. When he was younger, he had a vaccine shot in his hip and it developed a bump at the site. He had some hair loss there. It scared me, so I had the vet biopsy it and it was fine. The bump went away and some of the hair came back, but darker. It eventually lightened up to match the rest. Also, occasionally he gets a little "zit" at a hair folicle here and there. My husband says I must be part monkey, because I can never leave them alone. I'm always picking at him and pop the little pus pocket out. (I know, ewww) He's had a couple that were bigger and were irritated after I got done with them. The hair on those (just a little 1/8" spot) have grown in darker, and again, lightened back up. Last year, he had knee surgery on both knees and the hair around the scars came back darker. From past experience, I know it will lighten up. So, I feel like Ozi's darker hair is due to some skin or hair folicle irritation, maybe even a vaccine reaction. I feel pretty sure it will change color back to match the rest, although it may take several months to due that, just like a puppy.
bobohyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!