Thread: Yorkie "Lines"?
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 02:01 PM   #5
Teresiana
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjdmom View Post
Sort of like we all have a family history, dogs have certain "lines". It's basically the makeup of their ancestors and certain breeders tend to breed for certain things based on their personal preferences. Certain lines might cary a certain health defect but it's probably hidden somewhere in any of the lines. I'm afraid I'm not much help and it really depends on your personal preferences and since you are really looking for a pet anyway, I'm not sure how important a certain look is to you. I would say, visit the home and make your decision based on the breeder themselves and the individual dogs. I personally would choose a dog who comes from parents with a great temperament and I would not want my a pet I chose to come from a kennel situation. Not to say that there aren't good breeders out there who have kennels it's just my personal preference at this time.... good luck in your search!
Thanks for your reply! So in addition to family history, certain lines have different traits and looks?

Do all show dogs come from a kennel environment? I have not yet visited the kennels of the breeders I am considering.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!