View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 12:08 PM   #12
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Sedation dentistry for humans is actually big business. Personally, I can sit through a root canal with only a shot of novocane.

Call my dogs nervous or disobedient, but they will not allow me to use the Sonicare toothbrush on them, so I know they will not sit for a full dental cleaning and possible tooth extraction. The risk of injury with sharp tools scraping under the gumline is much worse than anesthesia. The risk of bodily injury if my dogs are improperly restrained is worse than anesthesia.

We had our large dogs anesthetized for their dental work too, but they only had to have it once in their lifetimes.
Thanks Kristin; this Ole gal is trying to understand pros n cons. I don't use the sonic care only manual toothbrush or that finger cot for Razzle.

Well I do see how you have evaluated risks vs benefits. I do admit if I did not have a stellar breeder, who is skilled and competent, and a very obedient boy (particularly with his breeder) I might just choose other options.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!