View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 09:13 AM   #12
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifewithCoco View Post
Thanks for all the advice, now that leads me to my next concern, the crying! We hop in the shower for 10 minutes and put her in the kitchen where we have gated it off and she has her bed and toys, food water etc and her piddle pad, and she cries and whimpers like she's dying...what do we do? We both have to go to work at some point and she will be alone for a few hours, and I can't stand the thought of her shaking and crying, scared and nervous etc. any thoughts?
Give her a tshirt that you have worn and that has your scent on it. Make sure it is a shirt with no tags or buttons or anything chewable. Put it in her bed.

Keep practicing leaving her in a room alone for increasing periods of time: 10 minutes, 20 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour.

When you leave her, don't make a fuss. Use keywords that let her know when to expect you back. Dogs learn words fast. "I'll be back in a few minutes" or "I'll be back in a little while, be a good girl."

When you return, many experts say not to make a big deal. I'm naughty and we have big greetings. Give your puppy a treat and tell her she is a good girl.

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!