View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 09:08 AM   #3
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

"Yorkies For Dummies" and "Yorkshire Terriers: A Smart Owners Guide".....These are two books I recommend ALL my new "parents" to read BEFORE getting their new baby, especially if they have never owned a Yorkie before.....I recommend Royal Canin Puppy Started Mousse for babies that are just being weaned. Your baby was actually in the middle of being weaned....since she was taken too early from her momma, you will need to complete the weaning process. The Puppy Starter mousse is soft and enables baby to eat and get all the nutrients this baby needs to prevent major problems with skin, hair, teeth, and bones, as well as tissue and organ development. You can add a little goats milk to soften kibble, and mix that with the Puppy Starter, like a gruel for the baby. As baby gets older....10 weeks...., you can cut out the goats milk and just soften with warm water, and then cut back on the water until baby is eating the kibble. The Royal Canin puppy kibble is highly palatible and softer for baby to chew. Please get those two books so you are better prepared to deal with all issues you will be encountering with this baby....next will probably be vaccinations and records of such!
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!