View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 08:11 AM   #2
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeane View Post
I noticed that some yorkie breeders are selling their puppies already neutered which is not a problem since I would do it anyway. But my vet did not neuter Morgan till he was 6 months old so , I was just wondering how the breeders did it so early and I had to wait till Morgan was 6 months old ??
There are a ton of threads on here about "when is the right age" to neuter/spay; some of those threads contain links to research and articles.

The proponents of "very early spaying" reference research that apparently supports their beliefs that no damage is done to the dog.

From the breeders point of view it is the best way to "protect" their bloodline. This way they KNOW that no dog of theirs that they don't want bred can be bred.

For me in my decision making process, I would never buy a dog that was neutered prior to growth plate closure. I think that there is too high a risk of problems down the road.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!