View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 06:09 AM   #7
navillusc
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

I think a companion is a great idea...especially for one so young.

I had kitties when 14 month old Brody needed a new 'good home' and came to live with me. He was fine with just the kitties, maybe because his 'older brother' at his previous home had weighed 95 lbs. and he was kept separated and alone in another room anyway...where at my house, he was a little smaller than most of the kitties.

Then we puppy sat for Sunny (Shih Tzu), and after she went home again, Brody was so sad and forlorn he would just lie on the place on the floor where Sunny's kennel had sat. So, I started looking for a companion about the same size, age and temperment, and found Mia. We took Brody when we traveled to meet her. Mia is only 6 days older than Brody, but both were 17 months old when Mia came home to her new 'good home' and they are the very bestest of friends , and I sincerely believe they are happier together than either was alone. They play together, snuggle together, tease each other, and occasionally 'disagree' on whose toy, chewie, or Mommy it really is, but altercations are very few and super far between, and only last seconds anyway before they are kissy-facing each other again!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!