View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 02:49 AM   #27
concretegurl
Between♥Suspensions
Donating Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle Noir View Post
Also, many people have big dogs and little dogs together. I think that the Dog Whisperer episode where Diablo the chihuahua had a house FULL of rescued pits completely cowed shows that it's literally the size of the fight in the dog, and he ruled those pits.. They were terrified of him.

BUT as these dogs are close in age range, it's not like bringing in a large breed puppy with an adult toy who the puppy learns to give way to. There could well be future problems IF you don't address them now.
Coming here is a good thing, a pit board might be better to deal with pit specific issues. This board has sound advise to give and is pretty much on point, but it IS a yorkie board... As a pit lover myself, I would not come here for pit problems. Not that the advise wouldn't be on target, but just that the best advise would probably come from a group of pit people, even if some of the yorkie people here are also pit people (*waves*)

I don't know how big your dog is going to get.. I'm sorry I just had to laugh at the 60lb pit thing, because in all my years, I have only ever had 3 dogs over 50 lbs and most of my dogs were in the 30-40 lb range, which is the true and correct weight range for the real pit bull, not those cross bred fake papered so called pit bulls and over done, over weight staff types.

Even in the show ring, I rarely see pits above 60 lbs, since it's pretty easy to guestimate a dogs couch weight from his show weight. When we do see them at the shows, it's usually a UKC staff bred dog that is coming to get a bit of ring experience or a dog from a certain bloodline that I am sure has a cross in it, but can't prove..

No, I don't like over sized, over done pit bulls and you touched a nerve with something else. You CANNOT feed a pit fit. You have to WORK a pit fit, and that means getting out there and WALKING your dog. If you think a pit bull is supposed to be a bulky over done dog, you have the wrong breed. That is NOT what they're supposed to look like.
Look up ADBA Champion APBT and see what a muscular and fit pit looks like. Those dogs don't get that way from feeding, they get that way from exercise, from hard work.
This is why you should also join a pit forum. They're nicer and more accepting than I am, I promise, lol. (*mutters stuff about the old days and walking up hill both ways in the snow*)
Mine was 90lbs...pure bred, just grew & grew...our best friend is called a Staff, 110lbs-purebeed as well. It happens.

Exactly on target...you cannot feed a pit muscle enhancing foods toss it in a yard as a guard dog and expect a Muggle(sten) looking buffed dog...you'll get an unsocial, paracite ridden unhealthy, paranoid, over excitable, jelous dog agressive in the least dog...another pit waiting for a bad rep due to poor people choices.

Pits grow well with exercise, long distance slow paced jogging and specialty agility and muscle tone building exercises-pits can literally climb a wall!

I foresee a tragedy here if expert help isn't brought in right away.

I hope for everyone and maybe most of all that I'm proven wrong.

concretegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!