View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 11:55 AM   #12
MandiesMom
and Shelby's too
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans0308 View Post
She is really young compared to when I thought I'd get her but the breeder has kept in contact with me and two days after Christmas she said button was eating really good on her own and the mother was no longer feeding the litter so I could take her home. ??? She seems to be doing really well and she follows everyone in my family around. =] I didat not know I should be giving her anything because she is so young still. She eats bill jack food and eats it well. I am actually at the pet store now so by all means please tell me what I need. Lol
Also being that she is so little is there a certain brush or comb that might work well? I have one but it seems soo big. Btw I have not taken her to the vet but she is scheduled to go this coming week as she will be 8 weeks old.

Thank you
I'm sorry I wasn't able to get back to you while you were at the store. I was at work and then just got home.

When you take her to the vet, just let him/her go over the shots still needed and what food would be best. Again, I would definitely keep nutrical on hand (if not, some karo syrup). Look up signs of hypoglycemia in a puppy so you will know what to watch for and if you see an issue, then give Buttons some nutrical or karo and get him to a vet. They can go down very very quickly when so small. Not trying to scare you - just inform so you'll know what to look for

At Buttons' age, all brushes and combs will look huge LOL. Try a small metal pin brush - there is a member here who sells some of the best (Madan) at toplinepet.com

She has combs there, too - you can just use a small flea comb for the face (this is what I do).
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!