View Single Post
Old 02-01-2006, 04:43 PM   #7
babyella
Yorkie Yakker

Thanks for the grat advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLC12345678
My yorkie, Mr. Hobbs, had this same problem. He got a hair-line crack in his leg when he was real little from jumping off the couch. We took him to the vet, and they tried to put a splint on him. He hollered like someone was murdering him. I started balling crying when I heard him because I thought they they were hurting him. But the vet said that he was not being hurt AT ALL. They ended up having to give him a little gas just to get the splint on. He also would never let me get near him with a brush. Whenever I tried to brush him he would go absolutely crazy, crying and hollering like I was hurting him, but I knew I wasn't! I took him to get his first grooming and the groomer had to call me at work to tell me that it would take longer than usual to groom him because he was being so bad!! When I picked him up from the groomer, she told me that I just had to keep brushing him and whenever he would act up while being brushed, hold him up firmly so he is looking you in the eyes, and sternly say "NO, THAT IS ENOUGH!" This was about a month ago that he got groomed, and since then I have been brushing him almost everyday. At first, he still hated it, but after a few "NOs! That is Enough!!" he started cooperating. Hang in there!! Don't let her control you. Keep trying to brush her yourself. She will get the idea that you are the boss and that she has to mind you. I tell Mr. Hobbs, "You are a yorkie, and yorkies have to get brushed, so yuo better get used to it!!!!!"
babyella is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!