View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 11:22 AM   #4
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

How exciting, Luma is going to be a big sister!!

Potty training -- I don't think sex matters in terms of difficulty. My boys were very, very easy to train. They are pad trained. Ideally, train your boy to squat and not lift his leg. Max is leg lifter, so I keep the pad a foot away from any vertical surface/walls to discourage him from lifting. He still does a squat with one foot off the ground, lol.

Feeding -- Ideally puppies should have access to food all day, especially if they are under 3 pounds. Even on a schedule, a puppy should probably get 3 meals a day until at least 8 months. This one may be a bit of a challenge to balance during the first year.

Crating/Free Run -- This depends on the individual dogs. We brought Teddy home when he was 8 months and I made a little apartment in my bedroom for him with 2 xpens and his crate. Max would not let Teddy share our bed, so Teddy slept in his apartment. I also separated the boys this way when I couldn't supervise because they played really rough at first!

Personality: I'll be interested to hear what others have to say. My boys are both "alphas" and it can be a difficult combo to manage. I think you are safe starting with a more submissive personality.

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!