View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 08:54 AM   #1
aneal
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Question I now have a Yorkie.

A few days ago, a lady from our local MOPs posted that she was selling her female "teacup" yorkie. I immediately snatched her up. I had asked questions and she answered(in lies) but anyway, long story short...she is with me now. The lady told me at her last vet appointment she was 2.78 lbs but she has been spoiled recently so she is currently 3.5 lbs. She said she just turned one. She said she paid $900 for her. She sent that packet of paperwork, vet records and such, THANK GOODNESS. I was really worried she didn't have them or she wouldn't bring them. In reality, on her last vet appointment she weighed right at 5 lbs, she will be two in March and she paid $500 for her. She was extremely dirty(and very stinky) and very matted so I called our groomer and we got in that day. Praise the Lord!

With all that aside, I really hope she works out for our family. I do have a few questions for your yorkies owners that know way more than I do.

1. Are they always hyper? My other dog is very mellow, calm and she just climbs on your lap and sleeps. This yorkie is hyper, hyper, hyper. My kids love it though!

2. The only thing the guy said upon dropping her off with me is that they have never have been able to get her to tell them she needs to go to the bathroom. My jaw secretly dropped. She has piddled twice in my home so far but I have been good about taking her out and she does go outside. I hope this lasts. My question is, is it normal for them to piddle, walk a little more, piddle again, walk some more and piddle again? Haha! I'm used to my other little pup(she is "toy" poodle, shih tzu, bichon mix) pee all at once and then want back inside.

3. Her weight. I am really not sure what she weighs because I think I was lied to and the paper says 5lb, but when I picked her up from the groomer's, they said for her size, she needs to lose a little bit. Her belly does seem to be bulging a bit much in my opinion, but I am no pro. I put her on my scale at home(which I know doesn't mean much) and she is just a hair under 5lb. For my other pup I put half a cup of food in her bowl in the morning and half a cup in mid to late after noon. She never eats it all though. Can they share a bowl if I put maybe a little more in at both those times? How much do you feed your yorkie? What do you feed your pups? Her previous owner brought some left over bag of Dad's trail mix. I've never heard of it personally. The groomer pointed out that her bum was raw, most likely from diarrhea. I currently give my other pup Purina One which as I lurk on here that is apparently a big no no. Ha! I want to find a good, AFFORDABLE, food for them both. I tried Blue Buffalo with my other pup but she always left the little dark things and ate the rest.

4. If you look at the photos in my album you will notice that the hair on her nose is no more. Haha. Well, she has some, obviously, but it doesnt go near the tip like I see on most of the dogs on this site. Is there anything I can do to help her with that?

5. What kind of toys do your yorkies play with. She doesn't seem to like any of the soft, plush ones my other pup has. Ha!
aneal is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!