View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 08:47 AM   #1
tiffanylynn
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Animal Smiley 036 raising newborn because mom is too aggressive....

Hi All,

My parents brought their Yorkie to the states from Abroad when they emigrated here. The culture in their original country is not to spay or neuter the animals. Because of this, we had an accidental pregnancy. The labor went well, and now we have our very own little Yorkie pup, Mia. She is the lone survivor, as the other pup was a stillborn, and therefore the mother took matters into her own hands (too hard to talk about).

Mia is alive and doing quite well so far. Our vet has suggested that we keep her away from the mother for the time being and bottle feed her becuase the mom is still being extremely aggressive with the pup (trying to bite her, or push her around).

We are fine with bottle feeding and raising this new pup away from the mom. My question is now what the next steps would be in training/raising this newborn. Like I said, this was all an accident, so we're not exactly well-versed in raising/training newborn Yorkie Pups. I was hoping to get some tips and advice from experienced breeders.

Thank you!
tiffanylynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!