Thread: Itchy ears
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 06:08 AM   #1
celstu1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Default Itchy ears

My Fletcher is having ear problems. Poor little guy is itching and itching and shaking his head a lot. I noticed it when I woke up this morning, he could not get comfortable under the covers, kept moving and tossing and turning. I said something to hubby who told me he's been itching for 10 mins straight now. I got him out and looked at his ears, into his ears. They were not red, I didn't see any signs of mites, sores, hair loss... nothing.

I put some doggy ear drops in his ears and massaged it in and then took tissues and tried to wick it out a bit. The tissue had a slight trace of either blood or ear wax, looked redder than wax, but I didn't see blood in his ears, but it could be there from his scratching.

After I did that he shook his head and ears for maybe 5 mins, to get the liquid out I'm sure, then he settled down and seemed fine. He went back under the covers and went back to sleep and didn't move again. No more itching.

Hubby said he'd keep an eye on him today and if he seems to be getting worse he'll let me know so I can make a vet appt. His ears seem to be bugging him more recently, like the last month or so.... ironically I bought the wrong food at the store (around that time) for them but fed it anyways. It was still taste of the wild, like they eat, but it was the puppy formula. Do you think that that could have anything to do with it?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!