View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 06:04 PM   #2
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

It's perfectly normal for your dog to be interested in that squealing bird as she is a canine with their values and not ours. The cat and the bird were likely potential prey to her and her canine instincts, however squelched those instincts might be from her current lifestyle. It is also perfectly normal for something that awful as a dying bird squealing from fear and perhaps pain to cause you to recoil in horror and not even want you dog to see it! How awful to see a little critter caught like that! I'd still be hearing those little squeaks if I'd seen that and I'm so glad I didn't!!!! Poor little bird. I know nature is nature and all that - but yikes - that is awful just to hear about. I can't even watch those wild animal shows when they show animals being stalked and attacked for food by other animals - I'm a total wuss. But I do know that my dog has way different values than mine! And it's quite normal for him to show an interest in any prey, as gross as it may be to me.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!