View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 03:44 PM   #9
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MishyMish View Post
Thank you all for your replies! I asked because one of my coworkers has a dog and this dog has behavioral issues.They were saying that it was the personality and hopefully the dog will grow out of it. I initially thought maybe the training isn't good, but they mentioned they had several dogs previously and did not have this issue. So, it made me wonder...
This is now getting a tad more specific; but still not specific enough. How old is the dog, what is the exact issue? How often does this issue exhibit? Where, when and with whom?

Frankly if this dog is a young dog, you need to "nip" in the bud this behavioural issue...... unless it is a matter of insecurity and or fear. Dog is afaird to walk outside, dog submissively and or excitedly peeing. Insecurity in a dog may take years to correct. Because you are not correcting insecurity but trying to build security. Actually any age dog, if there is a behavioural issue I think it is on the owner to get the help they need to resolve the issue.

I am not a trainer like Brit and Teresa are, but I do train my dogs and with a trainer for over 7yrs now. But I immediately look to myself if a dog of mine has issues. And ask for help if need be.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!