View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 06:25 AM   #6
bobohyde
Donating YT Addict

Well, that depends on your area resources. When I lived in Michigan, the only place to call was the pound and they euthanized dogs that were left there longer than 7 days. So I never called that place ever. Where I live in Virginia is different because the city and county contract with the SPCA. All the pets go there and they are a no kill shelter with a very high adoption rate. I have taken strays there and known they will get good care and a new home. But if the owner has water, food and shelter available to them at all times in their yard, then it would be up to animal control or the local ordinances if they still see it as neglect due to the size of the dogs. You should start by investigating your options in your area and the local rules. I think I would call and complain because maybe the people need an eye opener that it's not ok and will bring the dogs inside. Regardless, dogs that small (or any dogs) that are left outside all the time, especially in extreme weather, are neglected.
bobohyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!