View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 04:00 AM   #1
Wallee
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Sad Teasing the pup?

Last night we had friends over for a while visit who own a s**tzu with lots of guarding / biting issues. Wallee asked to be picked up on his knee on the couch. (for some reason he won't jump up himself). The man was kind of rubbing him roughly and I think maybe teasing him and the next I heard Wallee growling and snap and try to bite....?????? I immediately yelled NO and he ran over to me and snuggled up. I was in shock. Christmas day we had 10 people here and not one issue. I have never ever heard him do that before. How would you handle a situation like this? I am sure he must have upset him to create this. I have also noticed lately that even though we have many dog beds here in the living room although Wallee will often lay along side the couch and sleep. If you don't happen to see him and touch him with your feet he freaks out and tries to bite at you. It happened twice to me one day and I felt bad as I am sure it is because he is being startled and scared. Last night when our friends were here that also happened to the visiting wife. My husband was upset and said HE BETTER NOT EVER BITE ME. WHY DOES HE LAY THERE. I tried to explain that many dogs lay at your feet. I got the look like I was condoning bad behavior. I felt so bad for my little guy. What a terrible visit. I just want to keep him safe and let him visit with people as he loves people so much but don't want him subjected to that. How would you handle these situations?

https://www.facebook.com/5TailsBoutique?ref=tn_tnmn
Wallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!