Thread: My Dilemma
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2012, 12:35 AM   #1
Kate
YT 500 Club Member

Default My Dilemma

I am losing sleep over this.

My niece is getting married in July. She lives a two-hour drive from me, and the wedding is a half an hour drive from where she lives. The entire event will last
7 - 8 hours. I won't have a car, as I will be riding with others. I would be totally lost getting to and from the area if I took my car.

My little girl is 10 years old. She has only wet in my home about three times, and pooped around 4 times. This occurs when I come home to find the smoke alarm batteries chirping as they are dying, fireworks that the neighbors set off one time in August, etc.

I can leave her at my brothers house, but fear she may need to go to the bathroom while I am gone. She could probably hold her bladder if she were home, but surely she will be nervous being away from home, and alone with another small dog (they get along well) that long.

I tried a human baby diaper on her the other week for two hours, and it stayed on, and did not seem to bother her.

Would it be cruel to put a diaper on her for 8 hours? If she did soil it,
I would bathe her right away hoping she does not get a urinary tract infection.

I don't know what else to do. She goes crazy in a crate, and no way could I crate her this long. She is a perfect girl in my eyes, so this is very hard for me.
I don't trust anyone else keeping her but family, and they will all be with me.
My parents live across the street, so she hardly is ever alone. She is very spoiled and loved.

OK, sorry this is so long. Basically, I would like to know if it is OK to diaper her for 8 hours or so.

Thanks.

Kate
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!