Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 11:43 AM   #3
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch774 View Post
I have a male yorkie who weighs 10-lbs (Jackson) and female who weighs 10 lbs. (Miss Bella) they are 5yr old. she has been bread by Jack before and has had Wonderful babies. My question is when they are breading how many times do you shift days in him mounting her. Last time I kinda did not keep count and it must have been once a day for 3 days in a row. She had 7 puppies and did fine. But the first litter she had 3 puppies. So does it matter how many times vs how many puppies???

Also another question when puppies are born I can't keep from playing with them and I get scratches ALL over my arm by there nails. Afraid to cut them. So does anyone have any suggestions?

thanks
Cheryl
yes get over your fear, buy puppy nail clippers and clip them! If you are not sure on how to do it safely, ask your vet!

I start clipping nails at 3-4wks old.

Keep matings close together as you don't want fertilization of eggs too far apart.

And who is your whelping coach that hasn't trained you in these basic questions?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!