View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 07:01 AM   #4
Bammabits
Yorkie Yakker

Love Yorkie bedtimes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksonsmommy32 View Post
Hello-
I am a new mommy to Jackson whom i brought home this past weekend, He has been doing great, first night not a peep out of him i decided to let him stay out in my bathroom with food , bed, toys and blankets.. But now he is freaking out he is WHINING ALL NIGHT LONG and will not stop at all unless he is picked up which i must admit i am so GUILTY for that!

My questions is should i or can i get just go ahead and start the crate thing at night because i dont know what else to do for him??

Second question i have bought him treats and he really doesnt like them at all should i get maybe a certain kind?

Jackson has now started the chewing on everything game which i knew it was coming is there anything that i can buy to keep from chewing on any and everything?
Hi new mommy - I am new too! Got my Yorkie Dec 19th.
We put her in her crate at night, and when she whines we say 'NO'. it takes about 2-3 times and then she settles down for the night. I think they feel insecure in a larger space and cozy in a small space. We don't want to have her in our bed, it just isn't our thing. Also, I am noticing that she needs about three naps during the day, so I put her in there for those as well. Often she has a little whine or two, but saying 'no' helps her stop. We do the same for the kitchen and she is largely staying out of the kitchen...thought, sometimes she forgets.

Do you spend time playing with Jackson? That will help wear him out so he can rest and it will also help him learn which items are okay to chew and which are not.

We, too are in the process of discovering which treats are most enjoyed. We used tricky treats for a couple of days, and maybe gave her too many - she seemed to feel lethargic the next day and had poos which weren't as well formed. She is all perky now, and we just give those for good potty breaks!
Bammabits is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!