View Single Post
Old 12-25-2012, 01:42 PM   #7
happysparents
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Thanks..

Thanks for your replies. My thought is to visit the lady who has posted the below ad

F1 Yorkshire Terrier puppies (Yorkie) - Delta/Surrey/Langley Dogs & Puppies For Sale - Kijiji Delta/Surrey/Langley Canada.

I would like to see the pups and then decide. I agree that pups are being setup to take photos. I would read the written health guarantee and would post it here. I will aslo try to get few pics of the pups.

But my question is, whether I should go for the Biewer-Yorkie pup or the purebred Yorkie. Does breeding a female Biewer and male Yorkie has any issues?

I live in BC, Canada and could not find any pups available at this time. There is another Yorkie for re-homing from a "Registered Breeder". The story of the pup is that, he was sold to an elderly lady in summer but she could not take care of the pup. And the breeder is helping her to re-home the pup. I called the breeder and asked for health guarantee. She denied it.

Then I asked if the pup has some congenital disease which will be discovered later on like MVD. Her reply shocked me. This is her reply as quoted,
"What is MVD? I have not even heard of it"
I promptly replied answering her question. And she said,
"Aw. I dont even know if Yorkies can even get this by their parents. I have done health check up of both parents and they are healthy".

This made me feel that she is breeding for money. So, I just left the thought of buying from her.

However, on the contrary the lady with 2 male pups (Biwerer-Yorkie and PB Yorkie) looked very knowledgeable. I spoke to her husband first and he said, he doesn't know much about Yorkies and is handing over the phone to his wife who loves Yorkies. Now, this can also be a quoted statement, but the truth can only be found out when I visit them.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!