View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 04:52 PM   #6
lynzy420
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
Oh, wow! Close call! I have heard enough bad stories I don't talk to anyone that calls from any financial institution or call them back at the number they give. If I do get a call like that about anything financial, I just call the number I have listed and see if anything is up. Also, I don't talk to anyone that calls to offer anything such as different phone service, trips or electric service, etc. Any response can be used in any way they want. Mostly, my Answering Machine screens all calls and I just listen.

Think this is tied somehow to your recent identify theft or loss of credit card - I can't recall what happened to you exactly as I am brain-addled right now as my son just called to say the snow is going to prevent him coming for Christmas(!) but could this be tied to that or is this just the regular old scammers at work?
Exactly what I think....that is why, even here I don't want to give too many details...but I do think it is somehow tied to it; however, when I google the number it comes up as scam either way I find it hard to believe it is a coincidence. More interestingly is that my Identity has been used in California, which is where the call came from. I blocked my number and called it and it was a Skype number which is usually indicative of a scam. I'm thinking I need to change my phone number as well. I might as well change everything at this point.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!