View Single Post
Old 02-01-2006, 01:05 PM   #11
Mydogkelsey
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLC12345678
HELP!! My yorkie has to go potty in the middle of the night, every single night since we got him. I was hoping he would grow out of it, but he is four months old now. We keep him in a crate during the day, letting him out for at least an hour during lunch, and letting him out for the night at 5pm when we get home from work. He sleeps in the bed with us at night. We have been taking his water up at about 8:00 hoping that would help, but it hasn't. We leave his food out until bedtime at 10:00pm. I know this is probably the culprit, but since he does not get to eat during the day because he is in his crate, I like to leave his food out at night so he will get enough to eat. We ALWAYS take him out before bed around 10:00, but he wakes up anytime from 1:30am - 4:00am having to go potty. I have also found that when he comes back inside from his mid-night potty breaks, he likes to chow down on food. That is another reason why I feel that he is not getting enough to eat during the day, and am hesitant about taking his food up. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Last night was the last straw...he woke up at 1:30am and went #1, and woke up again at 3:30am having to go #2. I guess the only upside to this is that he doesn't go in the bed!!!
If he's hungry that late at night you need to re-evaluate your schedule etc. so he can go potty enough and eat throughout the day. If you feed him in the a.m. and take him potty and then repeat that when you get home from work that should be enough...that's what I do for my Kelsey and she does fine. Good luck.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!