View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 08:29 AM   #1
Stefanie7
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Something is wrong with my Toby

Im a brand new dog owner. Im so worried about my dog. My yorkie poo was fine in the morning. He was his normal playful self. My mom said she took him for a walk and a big dog ran at him but only sniffed his behind. Our toby didn't yelp in pain according to my mom. She walked him the rest of the way back when they met me coming home. We walked inside and suddenly he started to whimper and act like he was hurt. I thought he was ok but then he went to his bed and he got up and whimpered and walked around in circles. I sat down with him and he laid in my lap until he would get up again and whine as if scared or in pain, and nip at me. This is not typical toby behavior. He is so high energy and wants to play all the time. He even went behind the couch and just sat there. We took him to the vet after an hour of this strange behavior and she believes he may have been bruised at the impact of the large dog running up to him and subscribed him pain meds. Once home, he is not drinking, eating or even sleeping much. He suddenly gets up and whimpers and pants as if in pain. He wouldnt lay down. He would just sit there on his hind legs with his tail tucked and nod off but then wake himself up and sit up again. He threw up on our coming back home from the vet, but I thought maybe due to the car ride. His bottom also started to smell. I took him outside and he pooped once, then I took him out an hour or so later and he wouldn't go to the bathroom. He ran back in and then pooped and peed on the carpet but it was cold and wet outside. At one point he just stood there on all fours like he was stuck and his stomach was gurgling loudly. I rushed him outside to go but he wouldn't. All night long it was restless sleep. He won't relax to lay down. He just sits up. Now it's morning and he's beginning to lay down but it still seems uncomfortable. I took him outside to pee and eventually he did but i could smell that it was very strong. I just don't feel like it's "bruising". Does anyone have any ideas? I miss my never gets tired of playing Toby. I'm so sad I don't know how to help him, nor do I understand how suddenly he could change
Stefanie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!