View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 04:00 PM   #1
candylady
Yorkie Yakker

Sad i feel like my baby isn't eating enough?

i started Jah'Lija on Sojos complete, it's been about a month or so now and he LOVES it first time i ever seen him happy when it's time to eat. i feed him twice a day usually around 12pm-2pm (depends if i sleep in) and again around 6pm-7pm. i dont walk him in the mornings that often because most of the time im up till 4am and i walk him between those time, so he wont need to go again till 12pm-2pm. that being said his feeding/potty schedule is not set like it should be but it seems to be working for us. i just know when he will need to #2 and its usually 4-5hrs after he eats and pee breaks in between. i know allot of people say to walk 30min after eating but if i take him that soon he usually just plays around and tags everything (shakeshead) so i just calculated that as he pee breaks/play time. Sojos feeding suggest that to feed only 1/2 cup once a day so i split that in two meals and of course i add my own variety with it mostly rice, eggs or carrots. (favs) his a real picky eater so i try not to add new things but slowly try them. i just feel like in between feeding times his hungry? should i feed him more? when i split the meal in two it doesn't look much until i add my own to it so i feel like if i wasn't adding to it, he would be hungry. i do give him treats in between, should i leave dry kibble so he can nibble on thru out the day? but doing that means he breaks will be way off ... i dont know im just a bit worried his not eating enough and getting the nutrients he needs which was one of purposes of switching to Sojos, not only that but he actually likes it and gobbles it down instead of picking at it AND its been very nice on my wallet. i really dont want to try the dry kibble thing because that's a whole mission i already been thru and still till this day have no found a dry kibble he will eat. maybe im just being over worried ....

ps: he loves the heck out of Gerber harvest juice (mango puree, pineapple & carrot juice blend) i had doped it on the floor while trying to get it open for my niece (that crap is freaking impossible to open! lol) and of course his quick butt licked it all up, ever since then when i take it out the fridge he goes NUTS! he even tries to jump and knock it out her hands. i didn't see any changes when he #2 but wanted to be sure if its okay for a snack. ( :
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!