View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 03:09 PM   #1
llamas55
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Housebreaking 12 YO Yorkie : Hope? or not

My friend at a vet clinic intervened in euth for 2 12 yo yorkies brought in. The female was subsequently adopted, the male was, and brought back. Which is why I signed up for your forum. He IS neutered. At his foster's, he pees in his crate at night, and in his belly band all day long even when taken out frequently. She was going bonkers with him, so I offered her 48 hrs.' respite care (I have fostered about 17 small dogs in 9 yrs and had up til now seen it all, I thought).
I take him out late at night. I get him up at 5- to a soaked crate or a soaked diaper. He goes out ALL THE TIME and is praised when he pees (which is short spurts, so I wait til he goes 3x or more before he comes back in). As she predicted, he only not pees if he is tied to a piece of furniture and kind of nests there, even lasting 8 hrs at her house, and seemed happy to boot. I have had him 6 days now (She said, I don't EVER want to see him again - yikes) and today finally let him off the leash I, or the furniture, held. And he went around peeing, not exactly leg lifting and marking, but his pad was full in about 40 minutes. He is underweight 8# needs to be 10, is cute as can be, and makes the best eye contact ever. I did write yorkierescue.com but no answer (non in MN). Any suggestions? I know so many housebreaking tips, and read many of yours. Do you think he'll just be a case of belly band forever? THANKS ps he is a classic purebred cuter than cute guy
llamas55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!