View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 02:05 PM   #9
Teresiana
Donating YT 500 Club Member

On Day 1, I left a little less than half of the disposable peeking out. I made the disposable area a little smaller everyday. Looking back at my thread, I see it took about 5 days to make the transition. And yes, I did put the washable pads in the same spot the disposables were. Since they already have their favorite spot to do their business, I didn't want to change that & make it more confusing for them. I have multiple throw rugs on my hardwood floors. So far, they haven't gone on any of those! I was really worried about that. I actually didn't think they'd take to the washable pads so quickly...but I'm glad they did!

I don't use Nature's Miracle on them pre-wash. I use unscented laundry soap, no fabric softener, no dryer sheets. I was hoping that any potty scent would remain on them so they'd know that they are supposed to use them to go potty. I can't smell them myself (they don't stink like potty)...so I don't know if any of the scent actually stays on them. But the pups do use them...so I don't think I'll change the way I wash them. Although, the instructions that came with the pads say that you can add baking soda to the wash cycle. I might try that.

I only bought 5 to start off with. But I'm going to order more after the holidays. They really have made a HUGE HUGE difference & I would HIGHLY recommend them
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!