View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 09:34 AM   #1
MandiesMom
and Shelby's too
Donating Member

Angry HAWKS?! Really????!

So, last Tuesday(ish), my hubby (who's home all day these days) called me at work and said there were THREE hawks in trees around our yard. Not trees in our yard, but trees with views of our yard. He said that he had to get Mandie and take her inside and was sad because she loves playing out there and chasing her brother. He mentioned that 2 of the hawks may be babies of the 3rd and she is teaching them. That makes sense because you really usually only see ONE hawk at a time. (Vultures will be in groups but hawks hunt alone).

I didn't think much else about it sense then because I'm always watching for hawks anyway (and owls) when I'm outside with my girl.

Then, this is what happens to us this morning...

We are all (me, Mandie, and Shelby-Dale) outside as we usually are. I have a very big back yard that is kind of like the shape of a football field (longer than it is wide). I'm at one end with them and walking back towards the house - Mandie is not too far from me. I look up at a big oak tree at the other end of our yard (still has stupid leaves that won't fall on it) and I see a shadow. I immediately knew that shadow and turned to look over my shoulder and up...NOT HIGH but not low enough to touch...a HAWK.

And, the thing is, it was definitely wanting Mandie because it circled us. I flew over me as I grabbed Mandie up in my arms and it turned right. It flew over our big Pine tree and then flew over us again from right to left. Then, came back and did a circle right over my head (by the way, I'm yelling at it the whole time - they do NOT care and are NOT scared) and after it circled it flew straight ahead of me (like in the opposite direction from where it originally came).

DANG STUPID HAWKS! I mean, come on! It's winter...go to Mexico or something.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!