View Single Post
Old 02-01-2006, 11:30 AM   #5
hasrv4fun
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal28
Hello, My name Is Crystal.
I have an 11week old yorkie named Molly. When she is old enough I would like to breed her once before I get your spayed. The problem is I know nothing about breeding a yorkie. How do I find someone with a male yorkie, about how huch does it cost. How do I register the puppies? I don't know anything about this. I would be greatful If anyone could help me out. I know Molly is still a baby, but I want to find out as much about breeding her before she comes into heat. Thanks for the help.
Crystal
Hi and congratulations on your new baby.

About breeding --You should do a least a years worth of full time research before you even consider breeding Molly. DO NOT BREED HER ON HER !ST HEAT!!!! So if you are going to wait for her second heat she should be about 1 1/2 to 2 years old and during that time while you are loving her and watching her grow you can determine if she is of the quality ( depending on her pedigree ) to be bred. That is something only time and a huge amount of knowledge along with a good vet can advise you about.

Now before any of you other breeders jump on me here I am only trying to give her a heads up on the most fundamental aspect of breeding as you and I both know I could write a book here to give her even the basics on choosing a stud , studying genitics and going to shows ( even though she would say " I just want to breed once for puppies ". It still needs to be done with accountability for what you produce.

I truly hope that for Molly's sake you think this thru and don't get caught up in the new puppy is so cute so lets get more syndrome that so many times I see new owners on here go thru. Read the breeders threads about whelping and some of the problems and maybe you will reconsider. I wish you the best but do it with good judgement not just puppy love.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!