Thread: Acne! UGH!
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 07:02 AM   #11
celstu1
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawn27 View Post
My daughter suffers from this as well, we've spent ridiculous amounts of money on meds over the counter and doctor subscribed. Nothing has worked. I keep telling her that by piling on all of the makeup to cover it up that she doing more harm to her face. That she need to clean and moisturise her face and let her skin breath. She even puts makeup on on her days off when she hanging around the house. She 19 and just doesn't want to listen to me.... I wish there was something that we could do to help her. She's such a beautiful girl but hides behind ton of make up to hide her acne and cysts.

I'll be watching to see what other remedies are out there. Plus the milk thing may be a concern since she drinks a lot of it. Maybe we will try going without it for a week or more to see if that helps.

Look up Castor Oil for cystic acne treatment. Ive done it for a couple days now and it seems to be getting smaller and clearing up. Read a lot about it first because it can permanently stain clothing and stuff. But Basically I soaked a piece of a cotton facecloth with it and then put it in a plastic baggie. I cut a hole in the baggie so I could just have it big enough to fit on my cheek cyst. Then you put a heating pad on high and keep it on your face for an hour. Take it off and wipe off the castor oil. Do this 2x a day for 3-5 days is what Ive been reading. So Im on Day 2 of Castor oil treatment and Im seeing results, the cyst is draining through my skin now, but its sore today.

As for me, I do not wear makeup at all. Even when my skin is bad. I always want to but know how much worse it can make my skin. Also tell her not to put products in her hair and then wear her hair down so it brushes her face, that can make her acne worse.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!