View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 10:10 AM   #6
KazzyK810
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallee View Post
Wallee currently uses pee pads in the house however will go outside as well. My problem is, the pad is in a spot in the living room that he kept young to before I used the pads. I steamed the carpet and tried moving the pad closer to the door, but he kept going back to the original spot so I put it back.
I'd put something over the original spot, so he can't get to it....and end table, plant stand, decorative tin filled with something heavy so it can't be moved....whatever it takes so he can't get to his previous spot. It may look a lil weird in your living room...but so what..you're in training mode!

Quote:
When I go out, even for 4 hours, I leave down the pad and he doesn't use it. I immediately take him out then and he goes.
ZoE does the same thing. Some days, I can be gone all day & she doesn't use her pad. I think it's because she sleeps while I'm gone, and just like how they can hold it through the night when they sleep, they can do the same in the day when they sleep. I also think she likes to "hold it" so she can pee while I'm home, so I see it & she gets a treat!

Quote:
I feel as if I still have so much to learn about this breed and having my family for Christmas next week, I know I will suffer lots of criticism about the pads since they all own dogs and have never used pads.
To anyone that even hints as an issue with the fact that my dog is pad trained, I ask them if they, from the minute they leave the house for work in the morning, until they arrive home in the evening do not use the restroom??? How would they feel if they were never allowed...no matter how much they drank, or what they ate, or how upset their tummy felt on any given day. Admittedly, I ask the question with an honest tone of derision & disgust, because that is truly how I feel about people that subject their animals to that.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!