View Single Post
Old 12-20-2012, 01:35 AM   #25
concretegurl
Between♥Suspensions
Donating Member

Touchy subject.

I got my yorkie(s) when my daughter was 10 and my son was 4 almost 5...their first dogs-we got our schnorkie first a rescue then later our yorkie and mini schnauzer.

I'll make the perverbial claim many do, but I mean it, Maisy and Milo were and are extremely gentle calm well behaved children. They went to the theater-the real theather, could and did go to the glass anworks store they knew look with your eyes not your hands abd I had chinchillas before and while they were very young-our oldest and last chinchilla (all rescues) died 2 years before we got Scoobers.

Well baby Marek is almost 2, I didn't plan on having more kids, we're expecting another baby now too-big surprise (I'm getting Derik neutered lol!).

I will NOT add another dog for a long time,

I purposely sought out a Yorkie OVER standard Elvis is 12.2 pounds-Scoobers our schorkie about 18, both are leggy tall.

If I had known I was going to have more kids...well bite my tongue I might have rethough adding Elvis &a Princess.

I'm so blessed they are tollerant.

Baby Marek-horrible to say but other moms will get what I mean-if I had had him first gee I might mot have had more kids! Don't touch meand grab and throw it-fast!

He loves to stomp by the dogs and put his fingers in their mouths...not their favorite, I don't trust him alone with the dogs.

Raised the same as my other two kids-totally different personality.

Can kids and yorkies work-yes, should someone purposefully start getting any small breed (especially yorkies) with young kid(s) or kids who are not extremely well behaved-no, I'll be the first to admit it.

Breeding with young kids doesn't seem a good idea to me, until a child is school aged they require so much, so does breeding-why spread yourself so thin?

Even then breeding or rescue fostering etc takes so much effort in many ways more than ownership, personally I'd wait until kids were out of grade school so they can help and not be slighted by the huge endevor's level of required commitment.

Do people do it and say its all wonderful etc-yes...either very rare, or I honestly think they are either falsifying the reality or not performing at an acceptable level.

If nothing else let's be honest kids are carriers of everything just the health risk to pups with kids in the home is so great.

I'd love to get into breeding, I might still after my last child graduates high school.

I'd love to get back into rescue volunteering and fostering, I can't until my youngest child is at least 12.
Well the rescue I helped with previous will make an acception because they know me but their minimum is kids in grade school ONLY after evaluating the children's personality and having kid friendly dogs in need of fostering.

I think you can absolutely help your mom as a breeder and your sister but to do so with the age of your children wouldn't be the best choice IMHO.

concretegurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!