View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 09:43 PM   #21
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
You can not teach a child how to be stable and coordinated when they move about. They simply do not have the developmental skills fine tuned enough to not fall or trip even if they are doing nothing but turning around and changing direction. This can not be taught,,,,that is like putting a toddler on a 6 lane freeway and expect him to be able to dodge cars....he has been taught to walk, he kows how to walk, he can see he needs to get to the side of the freeway, why cant he do it??? Because he is not developed enough to move with the stability and forethought required to make it safely across the freeway! Toddlers flop down on their butts when they sit...if a puppy is behind them, I dont care how well you have "taught them" to stop and look behind themselves before they collapse to the floor...and if they sit on a puppy....or they fall over a puppy.....or they drop a puppy.....or they set one down too hard on the floor, because they do NOT have the motor skills developed at that age to NOT set the puppy down hard....these are not TEACHABLE skills....these are developmental skills.....If you have small toddlers and you have Yorkies or any small dog and there have been no accidents, you have lucked out....I am just explaining why a breeder may not sell to families with small children. I dont sell to families with small children....6 years old is my cut off age, and I save the "teapot" Yorkies that I have, for families with children. I have placed about 5 of these larger yorkies in homes with 6-8 year olds, and they have done fabulously!
Couldn't agree more. You never can tell what a small child will do with or around a small, fragile dog.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!