View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 02:11 PM   #5
ConnieO
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyGirl Rosie View Post
I would start with leaving the bow in a little at a time. Maybe help her get used to it. Have you used scrunchies? Maybe if she got used to them first the bow would be better. With the scrunchies I don't think her hair would break when she tried to get it out.
That's true, and that's how I got her to wear her little dresses. I knew it would get cold (and with AC our house was cold for her anyway). Now she enjoys putting on her little granny gown when she gets out of a warm bed. I don't let her sleep in anything, though. I tried it for a nap and she managed to get the neck around her waist, so I won't let her sleep in anything but her collar.

I was hoping she would wear a bow to the family Christmas gathering, so I was trying to get her used to it. But, she needs to get used to something to keep her strings out of her eyes. I would like to grow her hair out.

So, I bought some of the orthodontic elastics, but again once she noticed it, she started digging at it and I cut it out. I think I will have to do as YorkieMom suggests and only put something in (that is easy and quick to remove) when she is in my lap so I can distract her. Scrunchies may suit that purpose (if I can keep them in at all).

She got used to her collar and her little gown that way, so surely she can get used to this!

Thank you all for the suggestions!

Last edited by ConnieO; 12-19-2012 at 02:13 PM.
ConnieO is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!