View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #7
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
On the drive to the office park today, Teddy managed to get dangerously tangled in his car seat tether. His rear end hair was tightly wound from one end of the tether to the other. It was so bad, I didn't recognize it as the tether. I thought maybe it was his tail or leg.

Although Teddy didn't seem to be in any pain or distress, I was fully expecting to find a major injury on his little behind.

After 10 minutes of desperately trying to detangle Teddy, I was ready to flag down an ambulance for scissors. We were in back of a hospital, near the ER entrance. I even contemplated picking up the entire car seat and bringing it into the ER, but I didn't know if I could handle Max at the same time.

No ambulances were in sight, so I resorted to using my keys to saw the hair.

I was so relieved to find no skin damage or injuries. My crazy boys!
How totally scary!!! Another reason I keep Tibbe's hair short. My first Yorkie, Scotty, had such a caught-hair incident, fought and struggled while I was trying to help him- he just panicked - and after that, he got a haircut. Never again! His looks were secondary after that. And it was sad - though he was tiny, he had long, lovely, silky "robes" as my son called his coat.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!