View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 12:25 PM   #9
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkietalkjilly View Post
Even the best-taught children, brought up with small dogs and having very watchful parents, injure them. They don't have good judgment or evaluation skills as those of adults, older children and they just can't always control sudden impulses when the parent steps momentarily from the room or is busy on the computer. I'd be overly cautious in having a very small dog around any young child because those tiny bodies do break so easily and the bills are so high to repair them. Sometimes the dog has to be euthanized as the family cannot afford the bills! There are so many sturdier, larger dogs that can better survive the unexpected actions of little children, why even take the chance a tiny dog could suffer and even die? Surely any adult can wait a few years to have their Yorkie when they have little kids.
I agree that if you have young kids, and then seek out a yorkie... it's probably not the best choice. But what about those who have yorkies first and then babies? My moms friend is obsessed with her yorkie, like all of us, and just had her first real baby and things are great! She still treats her pup like a princess, and includes her in their life, and the baby is now almost a year. And the dog loves the baby! I think that's how most people end up with yorkies & kids. I don't know a ton of ppl who seek out one when they already have very young children.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!