View Single Post
Old 12-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #11
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

I've had to leave Tibbe in the truck twice now in critical situations but I was a total wreck the whole time. Once was after he'd been in for a procedure and so had I or I was injured or something like that and knew I couldn't make it thru getting him home, getting out of that truck, Tibbe in and settled and getting back up into that huge thing again twice more and I was OUT of TP - had to get some! The other time was after his recent vet visit and I was having a very bad hip day. It couldn't bend that well, pain was very bad from too much walking the day before. Both times I parked right in front of the store where I could dash back to the front and look out every 30 seconds(and I did except for a two minute period that felt like it lasted a lifetime waiting in line to pay for the TP) and I hurried so and was so scared a thief was so easily opening my door and stealing him, I was almost in a panic. I was about half-rude to the checkout lady she was taking so long. I decided after this last time I just couldn't risk Tibbe again like that.

But I never take him on errands with me - it's always a have-to situation where I'm bringing him home from a vet visit and I'm in bad shape, that after this last time, just seems too hard to go through again. A thief can be in and out of a vehicle so easily with the tools and tricks they now have, that a lifetime of regret & grief for me - and perhaps a lifetime of he_ _ for Tibbe can result from just leaving him for only a very few moments. I decide I can't go through my heart beating that fast again nor subject Tibbe to even the slimmest chance that he might be spending the rest of his days in some awful situation being starved or beaten! It's too big a chance to take again. He's worth my extra pain and the rest of our lives will be the easier for it.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!