View Single Post
Old 12-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
zooropean
Yorkie Yakker

Default Yorkie shakes ALL the time...

I stayed with my girlfriend in her house while her parents her gone. One thing I noticed about Snoopy is that he shakes all the time. You look at him, he shakes. You take one step, he shakes. He shakes while eating, drinking, even sleeping in front of the fireplace and with us. My girlfriend is worried sick. He's always been like that, according to her (and her first vet said it was normal on small dogs), but apparently it has gotten a lot worse.

It has been a hell of a year for him. At least the skin problem went away...

I have googled some of the causes for the shaking and the most common were cold, hypoglycemia and stress. While I think that cold may be the reason (his ears are completely freezing and his nose is in that state that while it's not dry, it's not wet either), he's constantly in front of the fireplace and snuggling next to us. Given what I saw while in my internship in the nursing home (graduating in Nursing), I feel it may be dehydration because his ears are always cold and in a strange brownish colour, instead of the normal pink.

Hypoglycemia is almost definitely off the table as this dog eats whatever is put in front of him and even licks the floor for crumbs that haven't been scooped up.

Stress... well, let's just say this house is not the quiet, peaceful home type. My girlfriend's parents are always stressed about work, work, work, they talk really loud. But Snoopy seems ok with that, so I don't know.

Nonetheless, he's going to have a shower tomorrow and then we're going to the vet so we can sort this out. And the hair situation (it's still very brittle). Let's just hope it's not something serious.
zooropean is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!